Week 4


This week was pretty interesting because I chose to be director for our film this time which was a book show aimed at kids, we had a presenter reading a little miss book with a camera aimed at her along with two separate cameras each side aimed at two copies of the book which we would cut to while reading it. I have to say I chose to be director because I thought it would be really challenging for me and a different experience, and boy was I right. It felt quite good to have the final say over everything in the script, if I didn’t like a shot all I had to do was say “cut shot 24” and it was removed from the script just like that. However, the one part was really challenging was that I had to keep up with my lines for each shot transition and say cut every time a shot was done and say stand by the following camera after the next shot, now while that sounds quite easy as I type it out its actually doing it with the camera. During our first rehearsal I got lost several times because of how quick the story flowed. But by the actual take I had got going and could follow it easier. If I was to do it again and I did fairly enjoy it enough to do it again. I would need more time to rehearse each shot, so it could flow naturally and focus more on the footage and tell off the captions operators, who were occasionally forgetting to turn the page.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1

Week 10