Week 10


Exam Pre Production – Peter Williams

For my part in the pre-production I was the screenwriter, so it was my job to write out the script for the scene. This was challenging for me as I am not familiar with soap operas, therefore I decided to watch several episodes of 3 different soap operas, I noticed that it was common within all three to include romantic affairs between characters already in relationships with other people and that the setting was in a relatively normal town or city, there weren’t any major world changing events that had occurred. Just regular people going about their lives. Therefore, I decided to keep to the tradition of having an affair, except I added my own twist into it by making Faith a leading light in an unnamed crime family. The original script ended with Faith assuring her dominance over Jon by threatening to upload the video if he didn’t comply with her wishes, this script however, when acted out was three and a half minutes long and therefore, too short. So, I had to lengthen it however, due to a misunderstanding in communication, the next version was 10 minutes long, so I had to then shorten it by half that which ended with the final version of the script.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1

Week 4