Week 5


So then, this week I volunteered to be one of two producers for this film, which was a cooking show. My job was rather simple, I had to arrange a meeting to go through and assign everyone else’s role last Monday, which we did with no trouble, after that I had to pick up the groceries for our meal, a peanut butter chocolate banana sandwich, the second producer had already acquired bananas with her weekly groceries so I all I had to get were the rest of the ingredients. Unfortunately, on our day of filming, the weather dropped to around -5 degrees Celsius with snow and because most people aren’t as hardy as us Canadians, almost a quarter of the class couldn’t make it to the session. Therefore, we had to divide their roles among us, so I became the operator of camera three. My camera’s job was to show each of the ingredients and follow our chief’s hands as he made the sandwich. Although that sounds rather easy, our chief kept moving his hands up and down as he cut the banana which led to the shot being shaky as I tried to follow them until I gave up and just zoomed out to show his entire torso. Apart from that, the production went fairly well and I’m rather excited for the next session because according to our lecturer it's going to be the hardest one yet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1

Week 4

Week 10